SPEAKERS AND VIP-GUESTS 2017:
Director, Almetyevsk Heat Networks,
Deputy CEO for Central region,
Director of Energy Projects Department,
III CONFERENCE AND EXHIBITION POWER GENERATION RUSSIA
Сonference and exhibition on Power Generation is dedicated to the issues of enhancing the enterprise energy efficiency and sustainability under current economic conditions. Power Generation Russia 2019 is the platform for discussing the heat power and electricity industry development strategies, experience sharing among the industrial energy consumers, and driving mutually beneficial contracts. The conference involves over 350 decision-makers from the enterprises of such industries as: petrochemicals and refining, metal industry, forestry and pulp & paper, chemical industry and fertilizer manufacturing, cement industry, heavy engineering and greenhouse industry.
POWER GENERATION 2017 KEY FACTS AND FIGURES
- 60% of Russian GDP is shaped by the infrastructural facilities connected to Rosseti.
- As estimated by the International Bank, Russia ranks 18 in Top 189 states for power supply reliability index.
- Russia ranks 5 globally for power generation, after China, USA, India, and Japan (2016)
- Russian enterprise energy consumption is 1.2 – 2-fold higher than the global average level.
- By 2020, the Government intends to increase the share of RES by 4.5%. The worldwide average will amount to 40%.
- Russia’s small power today is approximately 50 k power plants with overall capacity exceeding 17 mln kW (8% of Russian overall power plant rated capacity), both connected to the grid and isolated. The annual small-generation output totals to 5% of overall country’s generation capacity.
- Over the next 30 years, electricity consumption will raise at a rapid pace, with 65 to 80 % of natural gas consumed. Natural gas has an obvious edge on other fuels in terms of automation, equipment lifecycle and environmental compatibility.
- Market potential. A total of at least 10GW of mini-GTS will be commissioned before 2020 across Russia. Given the price as of 1000 USD/kW, the market size is expected to equal to 10 bln USD.
- The average capacity of small power plants amounts to 340 kW. The major part of small power plants (almost 47 k) are diesel-run, operated in the remote decentralized supply areas, which account for 70 % of Russian territory
- Small power plants, connected and isolated from grids, constitute 8 % of Russian overall installed capacity. Total annual generation capacity stands at 5 % of all power plants’ generation output
- From the experience of the developed countries, the construction of midget TPP instead of large generating units, enables the reduction of overall modernisation cost by 30 %